TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY
Pilates Missionary is provided at the Spirit in Sport through local pilates provider Our Body Our Temple. Private 1-2-1, dual and group sessions are booked in advance on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Pilates Missionary provide opportunities for parents of Sports Camp participants to try out pilates while their children are having fun and getting active in the hall.
Pilates, originally known as Contrology, is the complete coordination of body, mind and spirit. You acquire, purposefully complete control of your body and through proper repetitions of the exercises, you gradually and progressively acquire that natural rhythm and co-ordination associated with all your subconscious activities.
- Safe Rehabilitation and Recovery from Injury (Muscular, Spinal and Joint) caused by an imbalance in the body or incidents beyond our control
- Increase flexibility, muscle tone and strength not only on the larger global muscles
but the entire support structure.
- Injury Prevention as a result on attention to creating uniform development in the
- Increased Lung capacity and better circulation. Joseph Pilates stated in a good
practise session cause a spring clean effect to your system.
- Increase awareness of your body leading to improved balance and co-ordination.
This also links to the ability to acquire relaxation techniques that work for your body
- Decreased stress levels.
Visit www.ourbodyourtemple.co.uk for more information on classes.